Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top 10 New Series I Want To Start

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 with 3 comments
I am a series addict. Lately, it seems like I read more series' novels than I do stand-alone ones. Nothing's wrong with that, of course - it's just that if I find a world that I love, I want to stay in it for as long as possible (I definitely view reading as an escape, lol). Anywho, if it weren't for the fact that this week's category, the Top 10 New Series I Want To Start, is limited to series that started in the past year or two, I probably wouldn't know where to start (as there are so many of them!) And to make things even easier, I'm only including series that already have at least one book out, not those that will be released soon. Here are some of the newer ones that are a part of my TBR list:

 
The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I loved the Lux series so much that now I'm eager to read everything else Armentrout's written, especially this one!

  
Finishing School by Gail Carriger
I've actually never read anything by this author yet, but she's been on my radar for a long time now, and this seems as good a place as any to start.


 
The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
The synopsis for book one sounds sooo good!

 
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I love post-apocalyptic fiction, and this series has so many good reviews that there's no way I could ignore it for much longer - I know I'll enjoy reading it.

The Kricket Series by Amy A. Bartol
It was actually the beautiful cover that drew me in, but the synopsis sounds so cute! Plus, its high ratings are in its favor.

 
Blythewood by Carol Goodman
I think I have a thing for supernatural/magical boarding schools....first there was Harry Potter, then a minor Winx obsession, and then a major Vampire Academy one. They just make such great settings!

Ghost Stories by Seanan McGuire
I like the idea of a ghost for a protagonist - ghost stories were always my favorite as a kid.

 
Night Owls by Lauren M. Roy
This series takes place in a book store which serves a supernatural clientele. 'Nuff said.

 
The Network Series by Katie Cross
See, what did I tell ya? Another magical boarding school series has made the list.

 
Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)
I can't believe I haven't read these yet - what's wrong with me?!

So, as I love to torture myself by constantly adding new series to my endless TBR list, please do let me know what new series' you're looking forward to reading next in the comments below! I will definitely check them out, and probably add a few of them to my Goodreads list.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to read The Winner's Curse, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant picks. I really loved The Winner's Curse, I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. Really want to start some of these series myself - especially The 5th Wave and The Cuckoo's Calling. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks, I know none of them made my list but they're all ones that I want to read, especially The Fifth Wave :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT
    -Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages
    +New Bloglovin Follower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)