Saturday, July 26, 2014


So, I finally went to the library today. It's sad that I haven't been there so long, but I've had so much craziness in my life lately (enough to one day warrant a Lifetime original movie, I assure you), that I just never got around to going. I even had to fill out another library card application, because my previous one had expired. At least the new card had only cost me $2. Anywho, there were a lot of good books available to choose from - and a much bigger YA section than they had a couple years ago, which I was happy to see. Here's what I ended up getting this first trip back:


The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark
Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Will & Whit by Laura Lee Gulledge
Paige by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge
The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone

Also, since my last Stacking the Shelves post, I made a trip to Mervyns and discovered all of the fun stuff they have in their books & stationary section. I ended up picking up my first listography book there for only a few bucks, and then got hooked and purchased a music one on Amazon. Have you heard of the listography series? They're basically books that feature a different topic on each page, and you have to fill in the lines with lists pertaining to whatever they ask you. I think they make a fun keepsake, and as I am addicted to making lists for absolutely everything, I've been having a blast filling them out! I plan on getting the film listography book next, but for now, here are the one's I have:


Finally, I know these aren't books, but these do tell stories (in addition to stacking my shelves), so I thought I'd share my recent tabletop-gaming purchases. I have a huge love for playing games, whether they're video games, board games, card games, party games, etc. The games below have been on my wishlist for quite a while, and I'm glad I'll finally get the chance to play them:



What's New On My Kindle
   

4 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of stuff. I liked The Assassin's Curse and The Name of the Star. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading The Assassin's Curse first, and I already love it!!! I've been a fan of Cassandra Rose Clark ever since reading The Mad Scientist's Daughter. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice selection of books this week. The Name of the Star is one that I have contemplated reading for quite some time now, keep seeing great reviews for that one. I hope you enjoy all of your books this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm already a fan of Maureen Johnson, the person, so it'd be nice to finally read something of hers....plus I love spooky mystery novels!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)