Monday, April 21, 2014

Hi guys! You may have noticed that I haven't updated my blog in a little over a month. Sorry about that, by the way! I'd like you to know that I've hit a major milestone in my life over this hiatus - I finally have a car! I know, I know, I'm almost 25, but this is my first car ever! No more riding the bus, or bumming rides to work from my co-workers - I have wheels! For me, the idea of having a car had always seemed so unattainable; I always felt that only people who had money could have cars, and that having one was a sign that you've "made it."

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think I'm anywhere near "making it," but at least I'm getting there. More than half of my income still goes toward my student loans, but it seems that I have enough left over each month to cover the cost of my car payments. And for those of you who are curious, the car I'm purchasing is a white 2006 Hyundai Elantra (sedan). Nothing fancy, but it runs well and gets me from point A to point B much faster than a bus ever could. Here's a pic (not my image, it's from the dealer):

Another reason for my absence is that work really takes a lot out of me. When I get home, I just want to relax, and this usually involves catching up on television rather than reading, which is not the best habit, I admit. I've also been working on my New Year's resolution to go out more, since I rarely do anything fun (I was never a party-person, and not having a car really limited what I could do for fun, since I had to time things to fit the bus schedule). 

So far this year, I have been to three concerts (Kris Roe from The Ataris, Dokken, and Blue October!), I purchased a ticket for the upcoming Neon Desert music festival, I've started bowling with friends, and I've even joined meetup groups (on meetup.com); this past Friday I went to my first meetup, which involved playing board games, and this weekend I'll be going to my second meetup, which is a lunch slash meet-and-greet. I even go to lunch every now-and-then with my coworkers. Trust me when I say that this is a big deal for me - I am insanely introverted, so already I've done more social activities this year than I've done in a long time.

At any rate, I am so sorry that I've been neglecting both my blog and my reading (I only read one book last month!) I will try my best to keep up with both my blogging life and my social life from this point forward - wish me luck!
Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)