Friday, October 05, 2012




Miranda Kavi is a YA and Urban Fantasy author. She has worked as an attorney, an executive recruiter, and an assistant in a biological anthropology lab. She loves scary movies, museums, and is hopelessly addicted to chocolate. She lives in the Houston area with her husband and daughter.




1) What was your favorite part about writing RUA? 
Writing any dialogue where Tink was involved. He is such a fun, quirky character to write. Oh, and kissing scenes. Those are always fun!

2) What sparked the idea for this novel? 
It was pretty deliberate. I knew I wanted to write a YA, and I wanted to base it on mythology. During my research I ran across the Irish legend of the “People of the Mists.” I was hooked!

3) Are there any similarities between yourself and the heroine, Celeste? 
I wish! I've always wanted to be a saucy redhead. We don’t look or act alike, but we are both very loyal to the people who care for us and we've both moved around a lot.

4) What books have influenced you the most in your life? 
The Dune series blew my mind when I was a kid. BLEW MY MIND!

5) What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of writing? 
Pacing. It’s tough to move the story along at just the right speed. It takes a lot of practice.

6) If you could pick a theme song for RUA, what would it be and why? 
“Lights” by Ellie Goulding. Every time I hear that song, I think of the characters in the book, probably because my main character has light exploding from her hands!

7) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 
An archaeologist, like Indiana Jones. I pursued it through grad school, eventually learning that it’s actually a lot of outdoor manual labor. And there are ticks. And mosquitoes. And snakes.

8) What's your favorite scary movie? 
Do I have to pick just one! I LOVE to be scared. Let’s see. . . “The Exorcist” always stays with me for days after I see it.


Author Links:
Website


*~*~*~*~*~*~*


A girl with an unknown destiny. A boy from a hidden world. When Celeste starts at a new school in a small, Kansas town, she hears whispering voices, has vivid nightmares, and swarms of blackbirds follow her every move. She is oddly drawn to aloof Rylan, the other new student who has his own secrets. The exact moment she turns seventeen, she wakes to a bedroom full of strange creatures, purple light emanating from her hands, and Rylan breaking in through her bedroom window. He knows what she is . . . Intriguing and deeply romantic, RUA is page-turning YA novel with a supernatural twist.

Check out RUA on Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)