Sunday, February 26, 2012

{In My Mailbox} The First

Sunday, February 26, 2012 with No comments
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren, in which book bloggers share what books they have gotten during the week. It's a great way to see what others are reading, and to discover interesting books as well! 

Personally, I am a bit of a meme addict, so you may see me posting a lot of these. But anywho, here's a list of the books I've gotten this last week:



Such A Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb
(via eBay)





The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
(via Amazon Kindle)





Angelfall by Susan Ee
(via Amazon Kindle - only 99 cents!!!)






This One Time With Julia by David Lampson
(via Amazon)




I've already read Angelfall - it took me less than a day to finish it. Currently, I'm reading Such A Pretty Face, which I have a feeling may take me a while because it's a pretty good length (467 pages) and the story is slow-paced. I'm still on the third chapter, but I really like it so far. Long story short, it's about a young woman with a troubled past who had bariatric surgery after suffering a heart attack and lost 170 pounds. I really like the humor of the novel - I've already laughed out loud quite a few times this last chapter. Despite some of the serious topics featured so far, the story's overall feel seems to be rather light-hearted, with a witty female lead. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)