Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Semi-Charmed Winter 2012 Book Challenge

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 with 1 comment


I can't believe I did not see this challenge earlier! Semi-Charmed hosts challenges that are sort of like reading scavenger hunts, and they seem like a lot of fun, so I decided to join! This particular challenge runs from November 1, 2012 to January 31, 2013. I missed the kick-off day by almost two weeks, but this just means that I'll have to push myself harder to finish! 

Really, this is more of a personal challenge than actually aiming to win - I've been in a bit of a reading slump thanks to moving to the middle of nowhere (Hello, Tonopah, NV!) and having to find a paying job. I just want to see how many books I can read with the help of this challenge. For those of you who are curious, the rules can be found HERE.

Here's my goal reading list (subject to change), let's see how many of these I can knock out:

5 points: Read a book by an author you haven't read before:
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
5 points: A book you have at home but haven't read yet:
The Silver Kiss by Annette Kurtis Claus
10 points: A book written in the decade you were born:
Double Love by Francine Pascal (1980s)
10 points: A book that takes place in your home state:
From Ashes by Molly McAdams (Texas)
15 points: The _____'s daughter/wife: 
The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy
15 points: Originally written in another language:
Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End by Manel Loureiro (Translated from Spanish by Pamela Carmell)
20 points: A book with a number in the title: 
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
20 points: A book set during Christmas or other winter holiday:
Decked With Holly by Marni Bates
20 points: Author with the same initials as me:
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton (KK)
25 points: Pulitzer Prize winner or finalist:
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
25 points: Re-read a book:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
(My sister is reading this for the first time, so I'll read it along with her)
30 points: 3 books from 3 different genres:
Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (YA - Sci-Fi/Dystopia)
A Purrfect Match by Chris T. Kat (Adult - M/M)
Coraline by Neil Gaiman (Children's - Dark Fantasy)
Labels:

1 comment:

  1. That will be so fun to reread HP with your sister! Thanks for joining my challenge. I'm sure you can make up for those two weeks in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are truly appreciated, and I always try to respond to each of you at your own blogs. Have an awesome day! :)